Auto, Home, Business, Life & Specialty Insurance - Titusville and the state of Florida
Sign up to receive the newsletter to your email!
Or subscribe to our RSS feed:
October 5, 2016
September 23, 2016
August 18, 2016
Most cars are not designed for pets, but pets are often passengers in cars. Remember, your personal auto policy will not cover injury to your family pet, so it is very important to make sure your pets are secured and safe while driving.
1. Keep your pet off your lap while driving, it is not only a distraction, but unsafe for your pet.
2. Never leave your pet locked in a car when it is hot outside.
3. Be sure to take water with you for your pet. There are containers that are collapsible and spill proof.
4. Mats and liners help protect carpets and make cleanup easier.
5. Don’t allow your dog to put his/her face out the window.
6. Get your pet geared up for a long trip by taking him on a series of short drives first.
7. Keep your pets safe and secure in a well-ventilated crate or carrier.
8. Another option is a safety harness; these have become very popular in recent years.
9. For long trips, stop every couple of hours to let your pet take a break and have some water.
Some carmakers, including Subaru and Volvo, cater to animal lovers with special equipment packages. These save you the trouble of locating components separately, can be included in your financing, and are covered by the manufacturer warranty.
July 11, 2016
• Did you know that the majority of drowning victims are the result of boaters not wearing their lifejackets? Make sure that your family and friends aren’t part of this statistic by assigning and fitting each member of your onboard team with a life jacket prior to departure. Wear it!
• Have operable boat lights. Always test boat lights before the boat leaves the dock and carry extra batteries.
• Always check local weather conditions before departure; TV and radio forecasts can be a good source of information.
• Never allow passengers to ride on gunwales, seatbacks, or outside of protective railings, including the front of a pontoon boat. A sudden turn, stop, or start could cause a fall overboard.
• Know your boat's capacity and how to properly load it. An overloaded or improperly loaded boat can cause safety problems.
• Have a working marine radio on board at all times and know how to use it.
• Ventilate after fueling. Open the hatches, run the blower, and check for fuel fumes before starting the engine.
• Be a safer boater! Take the Online Boating Safety Course - all of the information is free. Click here to check it out.
• Infants and young children are at a higher risk for hypothermia, so if you are taking a baby on a boat, just take a few extra precautions to keep your baby warm.
June 11, 2016
Travel medical insurance provides you with peace of mind for a wide range of situations, including medical evacuation. If your current health plan is not a multi-state plan, you would not have coverage for traveling into another state. Some plans allow you to get requests and referrals out-of-state, some plans have separate out-of-network cost sharing amounts, and some don't cover any costs beyond an emergency.
The best time to buy is before you leave for your vacation.
Remember, each policy may offer different terms and coverage. Here are examples:
1. Trip cancellation coverage reimburses you for pre-paid, non-refundable expenses if you need to cancel your trip before you depart.
2. Medical expenses while traveling abroad.
3. Medical expenses while on a cruise. For cruises, your health insurance from home may not cover you if you are traveling on a foreign-flagged ship.
4. Emergency evacuations.
5. 24/7 phone assistance.
The US State Department periodically issues warnings about traveling to at-risk countries. If you are visiting one of these countries, your medical insurance will likely not be honored unless you buy supplemental coverage.
At American Insurance - 321-268-1008 we believe our greatest asset is the relationships we build with our clients and we are dedicated to being the right choice for all of your insurance and financial needs. We take pride in our ability to tailor a comprehensive package that maximizes your insurance protection while minimizing money out of your pocket.